Igor, thanks for sending the proposed navigation and structure...
I like the idea of having the 3 main intuitive link subsections. What you have chosen seems exactly right. http://www.milonic.com/ is a DHTML based implementation of this which automatically produces the sublinks -see http://www.milonic.com/menusample6.php
Under "What we do" - it maybe good to try to separate the kinds of projects we are involved with -HEC Mitigation, Wetlands, Community Development, Surveys, Biodiversity Research and GIS as I do think that people come to our site looking for specific information. We also get an average of about 5-6 potential international and local volunteers emailing us every week (both to come to SL and to also volunteer from home) and have about 1500 registered users.
You should check www.slwcs.org/stats and http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://www.slwcs.org which reveal some interesting facts about the users of our site.
Ravi, Liz and I are working on the updated Annual Report text at the moment and once that is completed it can form the basis of the website as it introduces the society and each of the projects. This should be finalized next week.
I still feel it is important for us to send out a questionnaire to the user base to basically ask them what they use the site for, what they like and don't like about the site and what they would like to see. Can one of you come up with a set of questions?
Mark -please send me the proposed design as well.
All the best for the season! I hope you are all having a wonderful break...
Chandeep
IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN OFF THIS EMAIL LIST PLEASE EMAIL ME. YOU CAN CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THE DISCUSSION at http://slwcs-web.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment